Coaching inspires and empowers the client to reach their goals, going beyond what they thought possible and quicker than if they were journeying alone. The coach is an enabler helping the client ‘to understand themselves and their situation more fully so that they can make better decisions than they would have done anyway’ (Downey 2003). Thus coaching is about developing skills, improving performance and maximising potential.
Coaching will :
- give you time and space for you,
- provide an opportunity to plan and take charge of your future,
- bring clarity and focus to your decision making about your aspirations, dreams or goals,
- draw on your strengths, expertise and experience to motivate you to move forward,
- empower you to plan, make changes and take action,
- help you identify and overcome barriers and obstacles,
- enable you to take responsibility for your success,
- allow you to celebrate your strengths, skills and successes,
- be a journey of discovery and adventure!
During coaching the client brings the topic of the sessions whilst the coach sets the structure. Coaching sessions are ALL about the client! Topics might include any of the following:
- work-life balance
- career change
- career progression
- family dynamics and relationships
- managing health conditions or a healthy lifestyle
- developing hobbies or pastimes
- planning for retirement
- interview preparation
- anything else not mentioned above!
What coaching is not
- About the past and what’s brought you to this point, or why you are the person you are today.
- Counselling, advising, mentoring or consulting.
- About right or wrong answers.
What others say about Life Coaching with Borders and Beyond Coaching
‘Coaching gave me more confidence and courage to think outside of my habitual box to see what else the future might hold for me.’ Janice Kunicki-Thomson, Scottish Borders.
‘Travelling through the sessions has afforded me the opportunity to take stock of where I am, who I am and What I am. For the first time in my life I can truly say that I can focus on ‘me’ without feeling guilty or selfish.’
Interested? Contact Sylvia to find out more and book your first session!